Saturday 15 March 2008

Friday Evening.



Woke up this morning feeling like i had some kinda hangover from last night. An incident that occured Yesterday evening got me doing a lot of thinking and self-analysis. Well..., this isn't just about me, it's about how we live life, react to issues or miscommunication, and how we respond when we feel hurt by someone's words. I guess someone out there who has been through this kind of situation before might just share similar views about this.

Well..., it wasn't something that should result in so much trouble, but to my surprise, it did. I've got two friends, who are really very close to me. I share experiences, struggles, and fears with each of them and sometimes seek their opinion to certain issues. Well, one of them seems to be closer to me (at least from the view of other people) based on the fact that we have some administrative roles to perform together. But unfortunately for me they seem to be each other's rival almost all the time.

Now, i'll just go straight to the point...About yesterday's issue. I got an administrative information that was claimed as a decision taken by one of them. I decided to find out about the information from the one i heard made the suggestion. I did this with a clear mind, free of sentiments, but to my utmost surprise, he took it with a pinch of salt. He felt he was being accused of a decision that was not taken by him, and took it upon himself to figure out who said it and why. Well, i never expected this coz i asked the question from a clear mind and all i needed was a Yes or No answer.

To cut a long story short, it culminated in a verbal tussle....kinda conflict between these two friends of mine, leaving me in between the fight...To one party, i was seen as not being supportive, to the other, i was seen as not giving my trust. In the event of ironing out rumpled surfaces, i got to realise that a lot was involved, and i now feel there is something else which the both of them are not telling me. Well, they are both guys, people who i take as brothers to me, but here i was, feeling like i had set a house ablaze. At the end of Yesterday, i made up my mind to be less expressive and keep back certain things to myself. I know this might not sound right, but from the way i feel about issues right now, i think it'll be best to take that stance.

Well, i'm open to suggestions from anyone and everyone....If you think this is not a right option, you just tell me what u feel about the whole scenario. I mean having two friends who seem to be rivals to each other.

1 comment:

  1. hhm maybe you'd want to find out what's the cause of this supposed rivalry? for every problem there is always a root cause of it..however hard to understand the surface may be...

    ReplyDelete